As we all know Google is the most popular search engine in the world🌍.
If you are not ranked high on Google’s first page for your keywords, then you are missing out on a lot of organic traffic 👎.
To Increase Google Ranking is not an easy task though – it takes time and effort to do so.
This will increase customer engagement as well as organic search engine traffic. In order to increase google search engine ranking, you have to make sure that you have high-quality content on your website.
How does Google determine your search rankings?
Google “reads” a website to determine its content, structure, and link profile, and then determines the website’s relevancy to any given search term.
One thing you must remember about Google’s search engine optimization algorithm is that it is continuously evolving. There are some specific features on which you may focus in order to improve your ranking. These are Google’s main principles: E-A-T: Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness (or Page Quality).
How to perfectly optimize your content for search engines?
The process of making a website’s pages more attractive to both search engines and users is known as content optimization.
But, it’s not always simple to create SEO-friendly content that’s engaging to both search engines and users. 😓
For starters, you’ll need to understand what users are searching for, why they’re looking for it, and what they want to find when they arrive at your site. In other words, it is also known as User Intent.
To align with algorithmic expectations and appeal to users in the SERPs, you must also find the right keywords and use them in just the right way. ( Keyword Research )
When you serve customers in a particular region, it has different needs and preferences depending on where they are located, you will need to perform local keyword research.
But is it really that simple? No way. 😒
So, without further ado, let’s start with the content optimization process.
Here are some tips which can be helpful for your website to rank at #1🏆.
TIP 1: Title tag and meta description optimization
The title tag of content is one of the most important elements.
When creating an optimized title tag, your target keyword is the ideal place to start.
Make sure your main keyword is at the beginning of the title tag and that it is under 60 characters long. That will help boost your page’s organic search ranking.
I’ll take a blog from Backlinker as an example : “ On page vs Off page SEO: Whats the difference? “
Target Keyword is: “ On page vs Off pages SEO “
See how we have used the main target keyword at the start of the title to increase the click-through rate ( CTR )?
The same thing happens with the meta description, only that the length of the text must be no longer than 155 characters. In this case, as an example, I’ll take Sales.Rocks
TIP 2: Mobile Optimization
Today more than half of the internet traffic comes from mobile devices. Making a mobile-friendly website is a must for those who want to rank higher.
Google loves mobile-optimized websites, it rewards them with higher visibility and traffic. So here are some tips for mobile optimization done well:
- Avoid too complex vocabulary elements and write in short sentences and paragraphs.
- Use mobile-optimized keywords
- Place the most interesting information at the top of the page so that it loads first.
- If you have visual content like images, optimize them. You’ll have to work on ALT tags and image tags. ( Make sure that alt tags and image tags are descriptive and contain relevant keywords. People love visual content. Alt-text that is properly optimized has the potential to move your images to the top page of image search results, giving you a second chance to rank higher. )
- Pages with content that is difficult for a user to access while changing from mobile search results may not rank as well.
TIP 3: Voice Search Optimization
The way people look for information on the internet has changed significantly over time. It’s time to focus on voice search optimization if you haven’t already. According to DialogTech In 2021 voice search will continue growing and this will affect the search queries.
If you want to optimize for voice search in this kind of case, take these steps:
- Consider carefully selecting keywords.
- Always remember to create content that is based on personas.
- Create FAQ pages for your website because when people ask a question, they usually start with terms like “When,” “What,” and “Who.”
Top-ranking websites in Google voice search are those that load fast. If this is the case, you must always make sure it actually:
- Your website is mobile-friendly. ( Make sure that your users can perform any task on the mobile version that they could on the desktop version. You can use a free mobile testing tool such as Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test that offers you a quick way to determine if your site is mobile-friendly.)
- The images on the website have been optimized.
- Long-tail keywords should always be used. (Long-tail keywords are more important than ever before)
- The site loads in the shortest time possible. (Loading time is a huge factor. If your site load time is slow, it won’t rank in the organic search listings.)
- The response time of your server is low.
TIP 4: Optimizer for Featured Snippets
You may have noticed that when you search for anything particular in Google, a box appears at the top of the page that offers you an exact response to your query.
Here is an example of it :
You may improve your chances of getting there by optimizing your content properly. What you should do is:
- Organize your content in a structured way.
- Optimize for a keyword for which you already rank in the top 10, but not for a snippet.
- Tables can be used to produce answers.
TIP 5: Build Quality Links
Building quality links to your piece of content may help your product and category pages rank higher in the SERPs, so always prioritize quality over quantity.
Here are a few successful techniques for increasing the number of links referring to your website:
- Get backlinks from authoritative and relevant web websites.
- Regularly promote your work on social media.
- Guest blogging and influencer marketing use them to your benefit. ( Guest posts are a great method to build your authority while also raising the number of links to your website.)
- Use social media channels to your benefit.
- Use online forums to get out to your target audience.
- Attract your target audience by providing them with useful information.
Quality of content is more important than ever in 2021:
Searching preferences and content standards change, Google’s algorithms evolve, and marketers are left wondering:
- How can I please both a user and a search engine?
- How can I achieve higher Google rankings as well as more user clicks?”
What can help is proper content optimization. The process of creating web content and optimizing it for your business is determined by the goals you wish to achieve with your digital marketing services or SEO strategy.
Even the smallest changes might have an impact on your marketing efforts.
Although you won’t be able to drastically improve your SEO ranking overnight, you may make modest changes to boost your SEO ranking over time. You can upgrade SEO on your site and start ranking higher on Google by using tools to look at important factors that affect it, such as loading speed, content issues, meta tags, linking, and crawlability.