SEO is one of the most important aspects of any business. It will determine how well people find you and what you can charge for your products. However, different industries require different approaches to SEO. For instance, SEO for startups will be much different than SEO for a large corporation with an established brand.
Why is SEO for startups important?
Starting a new business is tough and one of the reasons why most startups fail is because of how hard it is to set up and maintain a brand. For instance, to set up your visual presentation of your brand online, you would need a website. There are many issues involved in setting up a website and SEO is one of them. You have to ensure that your website ranks high enough in Google Search. This is because Google is a major source of traffic and revenue for businesses.
Many startups fall into the trap of focusing on technology and never investing enough time and energy into their website. However, the internet is a very complicated place, especially for new companies and the key to SEO is very simple, it’s simply to make it easy for customers to find you.
Here are some ways SEO for startups will benefit your business:
SEO for startups increases organic traffic
Every search engine optimization method has pros and cons. One of the most important SEO advantages is that it attracts more organic traffic. That means that there is a higher probability that your customers will find your business. With that said, more traffic means more competition.
SEO for startups has long-lasting results is maintained well
As we said, SEO is the process of getting higher rankings in search engines for your website. It can take time before you see any results, but it has long-lasting benefits. With the right SEO strategy, your business will have an edge over its competitors, both now and in the future.
But what happens after you’ve earned yourself a top spot on Google search results pages?
How do you maintain those results?
These solutions will also protect you from any future algorithm changes:
- Update your site (Optimizing the layout of your site will reduce bounce rates and increase the likelihood of your visitors engaging with your content.)
- Speed up your site ( Switch to a faster, more reliable hosting service. Enable compression on all images on your website. Use a content delivery network (CDN) to increase download speeds.)
- Expand your link building ( If you want to maintain your keyword rank, then you should expand your inbound links to all the various pages on your site. This strategy will diversify your backlink profile and increase your overall website authority from Google’s perspective.)
- Outbound and internal links ( Sending outbound links to authority brands in your niche helps Google determine the relevancy of your website. Internal linking, whenever you link to related articles on your own website, is another useful strategy that will help maintain your keyword rankings.)
- Build your social media presence ( Add social media share buttons to the sidebar of your articles. Use explicit calls to action in your content. Offer a free piece of content to your users in exchange for a social media share.)
SEO for startups Cost-effectiveness
A good SEO strategy can get you the same and even better results without spending a lot on advertising. SEO may not give you immediate results, but it sustains organic traffic once you manage to rank high enough in the search engine results. Developing and implementing an SEO strategy may take a lot of time and work. However, it is more cost-effective than other marketing strategies and will pay off in the long term.
What makes SEO for startups so cost-effective?
Here are some of the reasons why it’s so successful and why SEO is worth the money to so many businesses.
- Your customers use search
- SEO provides high-quality leads
- It provides long-term success
SEO is generally a cost-effective strategy, but you need to take the right approach to get the most out of it. Here are some tips
- Use custom strategy ( To get the most out of SEO, you need a strategy tailored to your business’s needs, goals, and audience. )
- Use SEO alongside other digital marketing strategies ( SEO works well with other types of digital marketing and helps you get the most out of your efforts in other channels. Creating content as part of your SEO strategy gives you something to share on social media. )
- Track your SEO ROI ( Measuring your SEO ROI also provides evidence of your SEO’s cost-effectiveness. You can use your ROI data to determine how much you want to invest in SEO in the future.)
- Choose the right SEO partner (Another key to getting the most out of your SEO is choosing the right company as your partner.)
SEO for statups will increase and maintain your brand awareness
SEO and brand awareness should go together. Although SEO is mostly used to generate organic traffic, this strategy also strengthens branding and increases brand awareness.
What are the benefits of SEO to increase brand awareness?
It is an organic strategy
( SEO is an organic strategy. This means that you do not have to pay Google to place your site in the first results. Gaining media, visibility, and clicks is free. The cost-effectiveness of SEO to increase brand awareness tends to be very beneficial in comparison to other strategies. In SEO, you can create strategies focused on niches and less popular long-tail keywords, which will help the site gain positions on Google.)
Increases brand reach
( Brand awareness wants the brand to be more recognized by more people in its target audience. SEO has great power to increase the range of brands.)
It establishes authority in the market
( Whoever is at the top of Google’s rankings gets the public’s and the search engine’s attention. The reason a page is at that position is that it provides the best responsiveness and user experience. This perception is essential for brand awareness, since it associates authority with the brand and it strengthens its image in the consumer’s mind.)
Provides content that helps to improve a company’s brand.
( A page only wins first place in search when it offers valuable content to users. This is what generates and sustains its authority in the market. They are materials that show how the brand can help people. This educational and informative characteristic of Content Marketing, one of the backbones of SEO, strengthens branding and confidence in the brand.)
Improve the website experience
( In addition to offering relevant content, a page must also create a valuable browsing experience to win over Google. I must be easy to use and accessible on all platforms and languages. SEO also contributes to providing a valuable experience within the site. This is also important for brand awareness, as it associates positive perceptions and feelings to the brand. )
How to do SEO for Startups?
It’s time to start optimizing your website for SEO to attract potential customers and be able to attract their attention.
- How do you do SEO for Startups?
- How do you promote your business online?
Follow these steps to start doing SEO in your startup the right way.
Build the Right Reputation in the Search Results
Building a website is much easier than other kinds of businesses. We already know the benefits of a website; it gives you a place to showcase what you offer and show it to people who might not be familiar with you. One of the keys to successful SEO for startups is to get found by searchers in search engines.
Your website will serve many purposes, but from the viewpoint of an investor, it must:
- Explain what you do in detail.
- Show your product or a prototype
- Tell everything about yourself. (Who are you, what is your goal?)
In the full sense of the word: “Your website should fundamentally define your brand”
However, you must think about your brand in a broader context, particularly in terms of Google search results (SERPs).
Define your SEO goals
Improving your website’s SEO has a higher chance of success if you have clear SEO goals.
Is it search traffic for specific keywords you wish to improve, average time spent on your website, bounce rate, brand awareness, number of purchases, or something else entirely?
Make your goals achievable after you have those answers.
In order to work SEO need these things:
Do keyword research for startups
Keyword research allows you to identify those words and phrases in order to boost your search engine ranking and increase your site visibility.
A simple way to begin researching keywords is to use Google itself. Enter a keyword related to your website, then check the related search terms in the dropdown, at the bottom of the page, and in the People Also Ask area.
How to find suitable keywords if you are a startup?
- The higher the number of monthly searches for a keyword, the better. ( Search Volume)
- The fewer competing blog posts and pages are about the same topic the better. ( Keyword Difficulty)
- The more relevant that keyword is to the service or product you want to promote, the better.
Shorter keywords generally have a much higher search volume than long-tail keywords. This means that if you target this kind of keyword, it will be harder to rank high in search results. It will also attract a more general audience.
Long-tail keywords receive a lower search volume. However, by creating content that is targeted to long-tail keywords, you will be attracting a much more relevant audience. These site visitors are more likely to be interested in the services and content that your site provides.
Although if you want your website to rank higher you will drive a tremendous amount of traffic to your website by optimizing for long-tail keywords. With long-tail keywords, you can better target the search intent and convert specific searches into footfalls on your website.
You can also use free version tools such as Ahrefs. This way you can view data regarding the volume of people searching for specific keywords, related keywords, and the difficulty of ranking for specific keywords. ( According to Ahrefs, startups are recommended initially to target low-competition keywords that they can rank for without many backlinks or high website authority.)
Create high-quality content for startups
Focus on creating unique, high-quality, insightful, and well-researched articles. Write for people, not only search engines. Focus on quality, not quantity.
What was the most important SEO task for startups?
According to Databox statistics, Content Marketing has received the most votes
So, what do we need to keep in mind for us to create high-quality content?
High-quality content needs to be:
- Useful (It includes links and resources related to the content, giving customers the tools(guidance) to actually implement the information you’re providing. Focus on solving customer problems.)
- Shareable (I’m sure you want your content to be shareable. It means to be easy to share via email, social media, or text and includes content that will push customers to share information that is informative and insightful. You have to create content that makes people think “wow, this is something I want to bookmark📑”. Answer questions your audience is asking.)
- Understandable (The content you provide needs to be understandable for everyone. You should use natural language that is easy to understand for beginners in your field.)
As a saying goes: “ Don’t just create content for content marketing’s sake. You need to be creating content that people are searching for.” – Drew Beechler from HighAlpha
What I explained now is a regular theory for high-quality content which startups can’t afford to have someone writing for high-quality content. Or they still don’t have much experience or expertise in the industry, also working on a budget having limited resources. ( these are problems that startups would face for SEO )
But, instead, they can start with:
- creating basic, general content
- publish the content
- let the content be crawled
- start ranking
Once this procedure has been completed, the content has started to rank, then prioritize optimization by keywords (this is done through the Ahrefs’ ranking tracker)
Start building your authority for startups with backlinks
Focus on earning backlinks. There’s no point in focusing on trying to rank higher without having the authority. (Authority represents the trustworthiness of the content your website is publishing). And backlinks are an important part of building authority for your website.
There are several ways to build authority with backlinks:
- Broken-link building method
- Build internal links
- Guest posting method
- Spy on your competitors
- Promote your content
- Write testimonials
- Contact journalists
- Get interviewed
Building your authority with backlinks sometimes can be challenging. but you can easily find link-building opportunities by using the right resources and methods. Finally, remember that keeping your backlinks is as important as building them. So, keep track of the backlinks your website is getting, by using tools such as Ahrefs’.
Keep track of success and measure
Once you’ve implemented your SEO strategies, you need to watch how successful your changes were.
It’s important to understand what’s working and what’s not working.
How do you measure success in SEO?
What metrics should you focus on?
Depending on your goals, you should focus on these metrics:
- Organic traffic ( Number of visits you get from the SERPs.)
- Keyword rankings ( The keywords that your pages rank for. )
- Organic keywords ( Where you rank for tracked keywords in the SERPs. )
- Backlinks ( Internal links to your website from other websites. )
You can find free tools for tracking all of your metrics, like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Ahrefs’ etc.
However, Google Analytics is an incredible tool for tracking the activity on your website, but it contains so much data, figuring out where to start can sometimes be confusing. That’s where dashboards come in.
Here are tips on how to set up a Google Analytics dashboard with weekly and monthly reports:
Create a new dashboard
Dashboards can be accessed in the Google Analytics sidebar. Clicking on “Dashboards” will expand your options. You can click “Private” or click “+ New Dashboard” to create a new one. Choose either “blank canvas” or a starter dashboard (your new dashboard will contain a number of sample widgets that you may find useful.)
After creating a new blank canvas dashboard, you’ll be prompted to create your first widget. Each dashboard can contain up to 12 widgets, and these can take the form of graphs, timelines, or miniature versions of reports.
Organize Your Dashboard
Widgets can be rearranged on your dashboard by dragging them to whatever location you prefer. The number and width of the columns on your dashboard can be selected by clicking “Customize Dashboard” in the upper right corner of the screen.
Choose a Date Range
Once you’ve created and customized your dashboard, you can select the date range that you want to view. You can select any custom date range by clicking on a start date and end date on the calendar, by typing your selected dates into the relevant fields, or by selecting an option the last week, last month, or last 30 days. If you select the check box next to “Compare to:” and choose a date range to compare your data to, each widget will display the second set of data, allowing for the comparison of two different time periods.
However, in order to grow your organic traffic with SEO, you don’t need a large budget, you can use free tools.
An SEO strategy should be part of your business plan from the start.
So, this will help strengthen the marketing potential of your business in the long run.
It will also eliminate obstacles that could essentially make your startup invisible to a target audience you want to be able to find you on search engines.